Blocker goes heavy against Miller's record in ag commissioner debate
AUSTIN -- After months of fighting on social media about Nutella crepes and BBQ, Sid Miller and Trey Blocker faced off in person at a GOP debate Tuesday night.
They spent much of the evening debating the necessity of higher fees at the Texas Department of Agriculture, out of state trips and a $37,000 campaign vehicle.
The bout, with both candidates making jabs at each other, also included attacks against Blocker, a former lobbyist and podcaster who has given Democrats political donations and took heat over whether he is conservative enough.
"Our president, Donald Trump, has given... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died