Blowup over blowouts: Bill to deregulate hair stylists clears first hurdle
CLOSE The Republic's politics team talks about Gov. Doug Ducey deregulating blowout bars and pay raises to his public relations team along with Rep. Kelly Townsend's post about a topless woman at the women's march on Jan. 23, 2018. Carly Henry/azcentral
Hair stylists and other professionals licensed by the Arizona Board of Cosmetology on Monday protested a bill that would eliminate licenses for "blowout" treatments at salons.
It wasn't enough to stop the effort, though.
The proposal passed the Military, Veterans and Regulatory Affairs Committee on a 5-4 party-line vote at nearly 7... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'