Blowup over blowouts: Bill to deregulate hair stylists clears first hurdle
CLOSE The Republic's politics team talks about Gov. Doug Ducey deregulating blowout bars and pay raises to his public relations team along with Rep. Kelly Townsend's post about a topless woman at the women's march on Jan. 23, 2018. Carly Henry/azcentral
Hair stylists and other professionals licensed by the Arizona Board of Cosmetology on Monday protested a bill that would eliminate licenses for "blowout" treatments at salons.
It wasn't enough to stop the effort, though.
The proposal passed the Military, Veterans and Regulatory Affairs Committee on a 5-4 party-line vote at nearly 7... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki