BMW aims for new sales, profit records this year
FRANKFURT, Germany Germany's luxury carmaker BMW predicts underlying earnings this year will easily outstrip last year's.
In a speech at the carmaker's home base in Munich, CEO Norbert Reithofer said Wednesday that the company would sell more than 2 million vehicles, up from last year's 1.96 million.
He also said the company is aiming for pretax profits "significantly above" last year's 7.9 billion euros ($11 billion). Its pretax earnings in 2013 were more or less flat compared with the previous year.
Reithofer said the company was looking at expanding production capacity in the... read more
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches