BMW factory in S.C. needs more robot fixers
CLOSE Want to know what the all new X7 from BMW will look like? These images from the German automaker's SC plant will give you a good idea.
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- BMW needs more humans to take care of its robots.
The German automaker is doubling the size of its apprentice mechanic program — dubbed "BMW Scholars" — and is adding a fourth technical college to its stable of academic partners.
With a 1.2 million-square-foot factory that contains 2,000 robots nearing completion, the assembly plant needs more men and women to keep the machines working. Called "equipment service... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'