BMW factory in S.C. needs more robot fixers
CLOSE Want to know what the all new X7 from BMW will look like? These images from the German automaker's SC plant will give you a good idea.
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- BMW needs more humans to take care of its robots.
The German automaker is doubling the size of its apprentice mechanic program — dubbed "BMW Scholars" — and is adding a fourth technical college to its stable of academic partners.
With a 1.2 million-square-foot factory that contains 2,000 robots nearing completion, the assembly plant needs more men and women to keep the machines working. Called "equipment service... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki