Body of Apache Junction man pulled from Canyon Lake
A body pulled from Canyon Lake east of the Phoenix area late Sunday was identified as a 28-year-old Apache Junction man reported missing that afternoon, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said deputies received multiple calls about a possible drowning around 3:30 p.m. at the Boulder Recreation Area at Canyon Lake.
Tyron Turner's body was found in 9 feet of water at about 9:30 p.m., Enriquez said.
Witnesses said they watched Turner swim from the southern to the northern part of the lake, but he became tired halfway across... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor