Body of Apache Junction man pulled from Canyon Lake
A body pulled from Canyon Lake east of the Phoenix area late Sunday was identified as a 28-year-old Apache Junction man reported missing that afternoon, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez, a Sheriff's Office spokesman, said deputies received multiple calls about a possible drowning around 3:30 p.m. at the Boulder Recreation Area at Canyon Lake.
Tyron Turner's body was found in 9 feet of water at about 9:30 p.m., Enriquez said.
Witnesses said they watched Turner swim from the southern to the northern part of the lake, but he became tired halfway across... read more
- 18:16 Trump donation first-quarter salary to education
- 17:29 Despite city protests, Texas Senate OKs new annexation limits
- 17:18 ASU police employees may have to pay school's legal fees after...
- 17:04 Former Tempe police chief files suit against city
- 17:00 Texas records first locally transmitted Zika case of the year
- 16:36 Rich Rodriguez: My-King Johnson's sexual orientation should 'not be...
- 16:30 Arizona basketball's Sean Miller preparing for Las Vegas, Spain
- 16:25 Eagles release Marcus Smith, Barbre; name Seumalo starter
- 16:17 City Council OKs $85K settlement with man shot in police raid
- 16:01 2017 Arizona high school football previews: Top 10 linebackers