#BookmarkThis: Author Kristin Hannah: 'I want to write a book you can’t put down'
Kristin Hannah’s new novel, The Great Alone (St. Martin’s Press), is the story of Leni Allbright, a teenager whose inner strength is tested when her father, a volatile former Vietnam War POW, moves his family to a remote frontier town in rugged 1970s Alaska. Hannah is the author of more than 20 novels, including The Nightingale, her 2015 blockbuster about two sisters and the French Resistance in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Hannah spoke with USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg in New York during a #BookmarkThis author chat on Facebook. Here are highlights:
Question: The main character... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...