#BookmarkThis: Author Kristin Hannah: 'I want to write a book you can’t put down'
Kristin Hannah’s new novel, The Great Alone (St. Martin’s Press), is the story of Leni Allbright, a teenager whose inner strength is tested when her father, a volatile former Vietnam War POW, moves his family to a remote frontier town in rugged 1970s Alaska. Hannah is the author of more than 20 novels, including The Nightingale, her 2015 blockbuster about two sisters and the French Resistance in Nazi-occupied France during World War II. Hannah spoke with USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg in New York during a #BookmarkThis author chat on Facebook. Here are highlights:
Question: The main character... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died