Books: New and noteworthy
USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. Exposed by Lisa Scottoline (St. Martin’s Press, fiction, on sale Aug. 15)
What it’s about: Legal partners Mary DiNunzio and Bennie Rosato are pitted against each other in a case involving a man wrongly fired when his daughter’s cancer treatment strains his company’s bottom line.
The buzz: Damaged, the last book in the Rosato & DiNunzio series, hit No. 9 on USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list.
2. Good Booty: Love and Sex, Black and White, Body and Soul in American Music by Ann Powers (Dey Street,... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded