Books: New and noteworthy
USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. Exposed by Lisa Scottoline (St. Martin’s Press, fiction, on sale Aug. 15)
What it’s about: Legal partners Mary DiNunzio and Bennie Rosato are pitted against each other in a case involving a man wrongly fired when his daughter’s cancer treatment strains his company’s bottom line.
The buzz: Damaged, the last book in the Rosato & DiNunzio series, hit No. 9 on USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list.
2. Good Booty: Love and Sex, Black and White, Body and Soul in American Music by Ann Powers (Dey Street,... read more
- 08:23 Don't miss the best meteor shower of 2017, happening Thursday morning
- 08:23 Mesa officials hope new Pioneer Park will encourage play – for both...
- 07:22 Former state special education director says TEA knew about...
- 07:14 'The Usual Santas,' crime fiction that's both naughty and nice
- 06:41 India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
- 06:09 Russia says it supports its athletes competing in the Olympics...
- 01:29 Late-night host Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care
- 23:58 Police: Tucson man dies in motorcycle crash in New Mexico
- 23:58 'Conditions have not changed': Activists call for policy reforms in...
- 21:12 Filing is over -- now the hard part begins for Texas political...