Books: New and noteworthy
USA TODAY’s Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
1. Exposed by Lisa Scottoline (St. Martin’s Press, fiction, on sale Aug. 15)
What it’s about: Legal partners Mary DiNunzio and Bennie Rosato are pitted against each other in a case involving a man wrongly fired when his daughter’s cancer treatment strains his company’s bottom line.
The buzz: Damaged, the last book in the Rosato & DiNunzio series, hit No. 9 on USA TODAY’s Best-Selling Books list.
2. Good Booty: Love and Sex, Black and White, Body and Soul in American Music by Ann Powers (Dey Street,... read more
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot
- 04:45 Family separation policy starts dividing Republicans
- 03:27 First lady Melania Trump "hates" to see families separated
- 02:59 Prosecutor: 1 suspect dead and 20 people injured, four of them...
- 02:28 French media: Woman crying "God is great" has injured 2 with box...
- 02:15 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 02:15 Giuliani says Trump may consider pardons after Russia probe
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border