Boone plow crash victim dies
BOONE -- A woman seriously injured early last week in the collision of a snow plow and an SUV has died of her injuries, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol.
Reinald Gomez, 57, died Thursday night at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. She had been injured three days earlier when a Boone city plow slid from a side road into Blowing Rock Road and struck an SUV in which Gomez was a passenger.
The driver of the plow said the brakes failed on the truck. The Highway Patrol is investigating. The collision occurred during a snow storm.
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'