Boys basketball quarterfinal: Yante Maten stands tall in Bloomfield Hills win
In the Bloomfield Hills basketball team photo, 6-foot-8 senior Yante Maten stands at the back, palming two basketballs in his outstretched arms, nearly matching the length of the entire row.
Tuesday, he took the Black Hawks under his vast wingspan, leading them to a 74-68 victory over Warren Mott in a Class A quarterfinal at University of Detroit's Calihan Hall.
With teammate Khalil Gracey out of the lineup for an unspecified violation, Maten more than made up for the void, registering a triple-double with a season-high 31 points, 18 rebounds and 10 blocks (as well as 7 assists).
We knew... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely