Braves beat Phillies behind Freeman, Upton
ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman had three RBIs and Justin Upton homered to back Paul Maholm's solid start, helping the Atlanta Braves to a 9-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Jason Heyward and rookie Evan Gattis also connected for the Braves, who have hit six homers in winning the first two games of the series.
Roy Halladay (0-1) failed to make it out of the fourth inning and left with Philadelphia trailing 4-0.
The game was played in a steady drizzle, but the conditions hardly affected Maholm (1-0), who gave up six hits in 5 2-3 scoreless innings. He struck out six.
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely