Braves beat Phillies behind Freeman, Upton
ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman had three RBIs and Justin Upton homered to back Paul Maholm's solid start, helping the Atlanta Braves to a 9-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
Jason Heyward and rookie Evan Gattis also connected for the Braves, who have hit six homers in winning the first two games of the series.
Roy Halladay (0-1) failed to make it out of the fourth inning and left with Philadelphia trailing 4-0.
The game was played in a steady drizzle, but the conditions hardly affected Maholm (1-0), who gave up six hits in 5 2-3 scoreless innings. He struck out six.
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...