Brayden Mason's memory lives on at Gilbert Perry High School with plaque leading to football field
Inside the Gilbert Perry football locker room, on the wall above the doorway leading to the field is a plaque that for the first time Monday the players touched.
"I got your back"
It's been just over five months since sophomore football player Brayden Mason lost his life in a drowning accident.
It was Oct. 1. A Sunday.
Perry's football team was knocked into a daze that week leading up to the Chandler game and had its worst game of the season, losing that Friday 55-27.
Frank and Karen Mason lost a son they adopted when he was 2. But they never lost their Perry... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...