Brazil impeachment leader arrested in corruption probe
RIO DE JANEIRO – The man who spearheaded the ouster of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has been arrested as part of a sprawling probe into corruption at state-run oil giant Petrobras.
The office of Judge Sergio Moro confirms Wednesday's arrest of former Congressman Eduardo Cunha. He's accused of taking millions of dollars in bribes — accusations he denies.
Cunha began the process of impeaching Rousseff in December when he was speaker of the lower house of Congress. That led to a vote to remove her from office in August.
Cunha resigned as speaker in July and was stripped of his... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates