Brazil impeachment leader arrested in corruption probe
RIO DE JANEIRO – The man who spearheaded the ouster of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has been arrested as part of a sprawling probe into corruption at state-run oil giant Petrobras.
The office of Judge Sergio Moro confirms Wednesday's arrest of former Congressman Eduardo Cunha. He's accused of taking millions of dollars in bribes — accusations he denies.
Cunha began the process of impeaching Rousseff in December when he was speaker of the lower house of Congress. That led to a vote to remove her from office in August.
Cunha resigned as speaker in July and was stripped of his... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...