Brazil reaches Confederations Cup final amid protests
Paulinho's header off a Neymar corner kick in the 86th minute lifted Brazil to a 2-1 victory over Uruguay and into this weekend's final of the Confederations Cup. The host nation will meet the winner of Thursday's semifinal between Spain and Italy.
The eight-team tournament is considered something of a dress rehearsal for the World Cup, which will take place in Brazil next summer. And Brazil is bidding to win it for the third consecutive time and for the fourth time in seven tournaments.
Wednesday's match was nearly postponed after police in Belo Horizonte told authorities they feared they... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs