Brazil reaches Confederations Cup final amid protests
Paulinho's header off a Neymar corner kick in the 86th minute lifted Brazil to a 2-1 victory over Uruguay and into this weekend's final of the Confederations Cup. The host nation will meet the winner of Thursday's semifinal between Spain and Italy.
The eight-team tournament is considered something of a dress rehearsal for the World Cup, which will take place in Brazil next summer. And Brazil is bidding to win it for the third consecutive time and for the fourth time in seven tournaments.
Wednesday's match was nearly postponed after police in Belo Horizonte told authorities they feared they... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...