Brewers acquire Neil Walker from Mets with hopes of providing a boost at second base
The Milwaukee Brewers finally decided to do something about their lack of production at second base.
The Brewers acquired veteran switch-hitter Neil Walker from the New York Mets on Saturday, providing another option for the final six weeks of the season at second base. What the Brewers gave up to pick up Walker was not immediately known.
Jonathan Villar, counted upon to be the regular second baseman after a big 2016 season at shortstop, has been mired in a season-long offensive slump. Eric Sogard, who provided a boost by swinging a hot bat when called up in mid-May, hasn't been the same... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace