Brewers acquire Neil Walker from Mets with hopes of providing a boost at second base
The Milwaukee Brewers finally decided to do something about their lack of production at second base.
The Brewers acquired veteran switch-hitter Neil Walker from the New York Mets on Saturday, providing another option for the final six weeks of the season at second base. What the Brewers gave up to pick up Walker was not immediately known.
Jonathan Villar, counted upon to be the regular second baseman after a big 2016 season at shortstop, has been mired in a season-long offensive slump. Eric Sogard, who provided a boost by swinging a hot bat when called up in mid-May, hasn't been the same... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded