Brewers acquire Neil Walker from Mets with hopes of providing a boost at second base
The Milwaukee Brewers finally decided to do something about their lack of production at second base.
The Brewers acquired veteran switch-hitter Neil Walker from the New York Mets on Saturday, providing another option for the final six weeks of the season at second base. What the Brewers gave up to pick up Walker was not immediately known.
Jonathan Villar, counted upon to be the regular second baseman after a big 2016 season at shortstop, has been mired in a season-long offensive slump. Eric Sogard, who provided a boost by swinging a hot bat when called up in mid-May, hasn't been the same... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator