Brewers acquire Neil Walker from Mets with hopes of providing a boost at second base
The Milwaukee Brewers finally decided to do something about their lack of production at second base.
The Brewers acquired veteran switch-hitter Neil Walker from the New York Mets on Saturday, providing another option for the final six weeks of the season at second base. What the Brewers gave up to pick up Walker was not immediately known.
Jonathan Villar, counted upon to be the regular second baseman after a big 2016 season at shortstop, has been mired in a season-long offensive slump. Eric Sogard, who provided a boost by swinging a hot bat when called up in mid-May, hasn't been the same... read more
- 19:03 Red Wings trade Riley Sheahan to make cap space for Andreas Athanasiou
- 18:44 LIVE: Watch the Phoenix Rising FC playoff game
- 18:44 Moon Valley football player in critical condition after collapsing...
- 18:19 Trump plans to help with Russia legal bills
- 18:19 Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump fight
- 17:49 Game Day: Goalie Louis Domingue returns to Coyotes' crease vs....
- 17:07 Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- 17:07 Mayor Garcetti taking his Los Angeles gig national
- 15:53 Gilbert Highland overcomes Jack Plummer, Gilbert 41-34
- 14:06 Trump celebrates IS defeat in Raqqa