Briefs: Friend: Guilt led to admission in '90 slaying
Nation The best friend of a New Jersey man who admitted killing a teenager 23 years ago says his friend was overwhelmed by guilt and haunted by nighttime visions of the boy's mother.
Steven Goff, of Ventnor, turned himself in to police Monday and admitted that he fatally stabbed 15-year-old Frederick Hart in Galloway in 1990. The cause of the boy's death had been a mystery.
Goff's best friend, Alan Rickel, says Goff could no longer deal with the guilt.
He says Goff told him after surrendering that he had nightmares in which the slain boy's mother was staring at him.
Rickel says he got a... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...