Briefs: Friend: Guilt led to admission in '90 slaying
Nation The best friend of a New Jersey man who admitted killing a teenager 23 years ago says his friend was overwhelmed by guilt and haunted by nighttime visions of the boy's mother.
Steven Goff, of Ventnor, turned himself in to police Monday and admitted that he fatally stabbed 15-year-old Frederick Hart in Galloway in 1990. The cause of the boy's death had been a mystery.
Goff's best friend, Alan Rickel, says Goff could no longer deal with the guilt.
He says Goff told him after surrendering that he had nightmares in which the slain boy's mother was staring at him.
Rickel says he got a... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft