Brooklyn boy, 13, shot 'without a motive' near elementary school
A wild shootout near a Brownsville elementary school left a 13-year-old Brooklyn boy hospitalized Monday night with gunshot wounds to the back and left arm.
Shariffe Peebles, 13, was with friends near Public School 298, which he attends, when another group opened fire about 8 p.m.
"He was coming home with friends from the park when some other guys started shooting," said Shariffe's mother, Latrenda Peebles, 40. "He kept saying, 'It's burning, mom, it's burning.'"
It was unclear what provoked the shooting on Glenmore Ave. near Watkins St., but Latrenda Peebles said her... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold