Brooklyn boy, 13, shot 'without a motive' near elementary school
A wild shootout near a Brownsville elementary school left a 13-year-old Brooklyn boy hospitalized Monday night with gunshot wounds to the back and left arm.
Shariffe Peebles, 13, was with friends near Public School 298, which he attends, when another group opened fire about 8 p.m.
"He was coming home with friends from the park when some other guys started shooting," said Shariffe's mother, Latrenda Peebles, 40. "He kept saying, 'It's burning, mom, it's burning.'"
It was unclear what provoked the shooting on Glenmore Ave. near Watkins St., but Latrenda Peebles said her... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...