Brophy Prep's Luke Jacobs looks to steal state wrestling spotlight
Everybody is anticipating Tucson Sunnyside senior Roman Bravo-Young will break the state record for consecutive wins during the state wrestling championships that begin Thursday.
He is two away from breaking former Glendale Deer Valley champion Jacob Swift's record of 179 consecutive wins, accomplished from 2013-16. Bravo-Young, seeking his fourth consecutive state title and second in a row in the 132-pound weight class, is at 178. He has never lost in his high school career and is 47-0 this season.
But a lot of eyes will be on the Division I 160-pound weight class, where Chandler senior... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...