Browns place safety Jordan Poyer on injured reserve
CLEVELAND — Browns safety Jordan Poyer has been placed on injured reserve after sustaining a lacerated kidney in Sunday's loss.
Poyer has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee, since getting hurt. He was injured on a vicious blindside hit by Titans running back Antonio Andrews while covering a punt in the second quarter. The Browns expect him to be discharged on Tuesday and return to Cleveland.
Poyer's serious injury is the latest for the Browns, who have placed 12 players — including quarterback Robert Griffin III — on IR this season. The team can bring one player off IR after eight... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler