Bruce Springsteen goes after President Trump in new song by an old friend
Bruce Springsteen wears his distaste for President Trump on his sleeve in a duet released this week.
The veteran rocker appears on a song written by his friend Joe Grushecky, a Pittsburgh, Pa.,-based singer/songwriter, that takes several not-so-subtle swipes at the President.
“I had this song, and Bruce and I had been talking. I sent it to him and he liked it,” Grushesky told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “ I said, 'What do you think about singing on it?' He gave it the Bruce treatment.”
In one lyric, Springsteen belts: “Don’t tell me a lie / And sell it as a fact / I’ve been down that road... read more
- 21:05 DPS: Serial speeder falls into trap set by Arizona troopers
- 21:01 Trades, not picks, could headline Arizona Coyotes' draft
- 20:47 Hosting congressional picnic, Trump calls for unity
- 20:22 Heat wave boosts burns in Phoenix as pavement, cars scald
- 20:02 Extreme Phoenix heat: Is there an upside?
- 19:42 SBOE members take issue with charter school proposal
- 18:22 FDA approves quicker-to-administer drug for blood cancers
- 17:42 Phoenix boutique offers wedding dresses at fraction of cost
- 17:31 Fascinations tones down sexy products, hopes to lure more customers
- 17:03 Trump's putdown of wind energy whips up a backlash in Iowa