Bruins notebook: Head hit might cost John-Michael Liles
TAMPA — John-Michael Liles could be getting a call from the NHL this morning.
During a first-period penalty kill, the light-hitting defenseman delivered a forearm to the head of Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov.
It was a bang-bang play at the Bruins blue line, as Noel Acciari was checking Kucherov and Liles cut over to lend a hand but clearly caught Kucherov in the head. Kucherov stayed down on the ice for a bit and went to the dressing room for the duration of the first period but returned for the second and played 16:33.
Liles, who never has been disciplined by the league, said it was... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...