Bruins notebook: Head hit might cost Liles
TAMPA — John-Michael Liles could be getting a call from the NHL this morning.
During a first-period penalty kill, the light-hitting defenseman delivered a forearm to the head of Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov.
It was a bang-bang play at the Bruins blue line, as Noel Acciari was checking Kucherov and Liles cut over to lend a hand but clearly caught Kucherov in the head. Kucherov stayed down on the ice for a bit and went to the dressing room for the duration of the first period but returned for the second and played 16:33.
Liles, who never has been disciplined by the league, said it was... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...