Brush fire in Pinal County burns 110 acres with no containment
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
A brush fire that sparked Wednesday afternoon in Pinal County had spread up to 110 acres by Thursday morning, according to the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management.
Crews were working to build a line around the so-called River Fire, which began burning along the Picacho Reservoir Wednesday afternoon, said Tiffany Davila, a department spokeswoman.
The cause of the fire has not been identified.
Davila said the fire is burning in open land, not threatening... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'