Buccaneers release LB Bruce Carter, re-sign S Keith Tandy
TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released linebacker Bruce Carter and re-signed safety Keith Tandy.
Carter was one of the team's top acquisitions in free agency a year ago, signing a four-year, $17 million contract after spending the first four seasons of his career with the Dallas Cowboys.
He lost the starting middle linebacker job to rookie Kwon Alexander during training camp, however and wound up not having the impact the Bucs anticipated — appearing in 14 games, including three late-season starts, and finishing with 39 tackles and two sacks.
By releasing the 28-year-old, the... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes