Buckeye Road closed at 27th Avenue after car hits hydrant, floods road
CLOSE Do you know what to do if you're in an accident?
Crews were working Monday morning to make repairs after a vehicle hit a fire hydrant in south Phoenix, subsequently flooding the roadway, a city official said.
Westbound lanes of Buckeye Road were closed at 27th Avenue just before 10 a.m.
It wasn't immediately clear whether anyone had been hurt in the collision.
Stephanie Bracken, a city water spokeswoman, said crews were able to shut off the water flow.
She suggested motorists avoid the area due to repair work and flooding conditions.
Return to azcentral.com for updates.
READ MORE:... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida