Buckley: Hall of Fame road is paved for Terry Francona
Here’s another uniform number the Red Sox will need to consider for retirement in the years ahead: No. 47.
That’s because Terry Francona wore No. 47 during the years he managed the Red Sox.
And Terry Francona is going to the Hall of Fame.
This isn’t a light bulb going off over my head. That Francona guided his depleted Indians to a three-game Division Series sweep of the Red Sox didn’t inspire me to get up a “Francona for Cooperstown” campaign.
But it helps.
As for the Indians being one victory over the Toronto Blue Jays away from capturing the American League pennant and advancing to the... read more
- 16:10 Source: ASU football to hire ex-Sun Devil Derek Hagan
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap