Buffett slips in $1M bet, but still winning by a mile
Warren Buffett's commanding lead in his "Million-Dollar-Bet" against the hedge fund industry shrunk a bit in 2015 - but he's still winning by a mile.
Eight years ago, Buffett publicly challenged the hedge fund industry he could beat their performance by simply investing in a low-cost index fund that tracks the Standard & Poor's 500. The challenge rattled the very premise of the hedge fund industry - famous for charging large fees for access to money managers who can supposedly beat the market. Buffett was making the point the large fees charged by hedge fund managers weren't... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents