Business Class: Navigating the airlines
Earlier this year I was stuck at an airport for 17 hours. In that span, American Airlines told me I would be on four different flights home, but I wound up on none for reasons that included weather, an overbooked plane, pilot fatigue and the mistake of an apologetic gate agent.
Bored at the gate, I called American customer service and firmly, though politely, explained the situation - especially the agent's mistake. I asked how they were going to make the situation right for a frequent customer. Eventually, though a bit grudgingly, they added 10,000 miles to my frequent-flier account.
I ran... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas