Business group trying to keep Valley junior college football alive beyond 2018
A group of local businessmen, led by sports advocates Don Kile, Ward Hickey and Rob Yowell, is trying to keep junior college football in the Valley alive beyond the 2018 season.
Azcentral sports obtained a letter that the Grand Canyon State Gridiron Club sent to the four Maricopa County Community College presidents whose schools have football programs, as well as Maria Harper-Marinick, chancellor for the community-college system with a proposition on how to make it work.
Earlier this week, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Glendale and Mesa community colleges were informed that, because of financial... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...