Business group trying to keep Valley junior college football alive beyond 2018
A group of local businessmen, led by sports advocates Don Kile, Ward Hickey and Rob Yowell, is trying to keep junior college football in the Valley alive beyond the 2018 season.
Azcentral sports obtained a letter that the Grand Canyon State Gridiron Club sent to the four Maricopa County Community College presidents whose schools have football programs, as well as Maria Harper-Marinick, chancellor for the community-college system with a proposition on how to make it work.
Earlier this week, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Glendale and Mesa community colleges were informed that, because of financial... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...