Businesses will bid to put brand on new field
BILOXI, Miss. -- Biloxi officials estimate the city will net $50,000 or more a year by selling the rights to name the new minor league baseball field.
As part of the lease agreement, MGM Resorts International retains naming rights for the stadium and the city can sell the rights for naming the field.
City attorney Michael Collins told the Biloxi Council on Tuesday the administration is drafting a request for proposals so interested parties can bid on the naming rights. Collins said the money will help pay the $21 million bond to build the stadium.
The Sun Herald reports... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it