Businesses will bid to put brand on new field
BILOXI, Miss. -- Biloxi officials estimate the city will net $50,000 or more a year by selling the rights to name the new minor league baseball field.
As part of the lease agreement, MGM Resorts International retains naming rights for the stadium and the city can sell the rights for naming the field.
City attorney Michael Collins told the Biloxi Council on Tuesday the administration is drafting a request for proposals so interested parties can bid on the naming rights. Collins said the money will help pay the $21 million bond to build the stadium.
The Sun Herald reports... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case