California county votes to join Trump's 'sanctuary' lawsuit
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Leaders of Orange County, California, voted Tuesday to join a Trump administration lawsuit against the state over its law aimed at protecting immigrants from stepped-up deportations.
The all-Republican Board of Supervisors in the county of 3.2 million people made the decision in a closed 3-0 vote. It took place ahead of a raucous public debate about another proposal targeting the California law — whether to support an effort by the small city of Los Alamitos in Orange County to opt out of the policy.
Residents and activists on both sides lined up to speak. Some held... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it