Calls wins 3-way Democratic primary for Congress
CHICAGO -- A former prosecutor and Madison County judge has won a three-way Democratic primary for Congress in Illinois' 13th District.
Ann Callis won the nomination over George Gollin and David Green in the district that's in the south-central part of the state. Callis was backed by U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, national Democratic organizations and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Gollin is a University of Illinois physics professor from Champaign. Green is a policy analyst from Champaign. Gollin had received the endorsement of several newspapers in the race but Callis far outspent him in... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it