Calls wins 3-way Democratic primary for Congress
CHICAGO -- A former prosecutor and Madison County judge has won a three-way Democratic primary for Congress in Illinois' 13th District.
Ann Callis won the nomination over George Gollin and David Green in the district that's in the south-central part of the state. Callis was backed by U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, national Democratic organizations and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Gollin is a University of Illinois physics professor from Champaign. Green is a policy analyst from Champaign. Gollin had received the endorsement of several newspapers in the race but Callis far outspent him in... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow