Camelback hikers face tough trails and high temperatures
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE There is plenty of shade across metropolitan Phoenix, you just have to know where to look. You'll find a bit of an oasis at these 10 serene spots.
From the Sedona red rocks to Camelback Mountain, Arizona is not short on popular trails for hikers.
But the desert summer can make these trails perilous, even deadly, to navigate.
In March, two out-of-state hikers had to be rescued when they veered off the main trail on Camelback and ran out of water.
Last year, a young personal trainer went biking on a North Phoenix mountain trail early in the day with a group,... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...