Can Obama's influence help change Texas redistricting in Democrats favor?
AUSTIN -- Former President Barack Obama and members of his administration are ready to take another shot at chipping away at Republican domination in Texas.
A new group headed by former Attorney General Eric Holder and with the public backing of Obama himself is targeting Texas among 11 states in which they are determined to change the redistricting process to assure more competitive state House and Senate races in the future.
"In 2011, Republicans created gerrymandered districts that locked themselves into power and shut out voters from the electoral process," Holder said in... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...