Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:25 Science fiction writer Ursula K. Le Guin has died
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor