Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 14:16 Pakistan: Thousands of activists rally against PM Sharif
- 14:16 Pentagon names Army rangers killed fighting ISIS in Afghanistan
- 14:16 Russia seeks arrest of former Ukraine prime minister
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil