Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 16:16 Earnhardt Jr. dealing with difficult final NASCAR season
- 16:02 Arizona Wildcats DE-LB DeAndre' Miller injures foot, will miss...
- 16:02 Picking the Pac-12: Jeff Metcalfe's preseason football media poll
- 15:40 Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 14 things to do in Pinal County
- 15:16 Debut novel 'Daughters' recycles 'Handmaid's Tale'
- 15:07 Governor agrees to meet with some Texas mayors over special session...
- 15:04 Training Day: Competition continues at key positions for Cardinals
- 14:52 Bathroom debate begins after stalling over rules fight in Texas Senate
- 13:50 Your take: Should Suns include Josh Jackson in a deal for...
- 13:35 Is Josh Jackson part of Suns pitch for Irving? Not yet, but he...