Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown