Capital murder charge in deadly drive-by shooting of Brighton teen
Authorities today announced formal charges against a man accused of killing a Brighton teen in a weekend drive-by shooting.
Kelvin Andre Edwards Jr., 23, is charged with capital murder, said Brighton Police Chief Ray Hubbart. Edwards is charged in the death of 18-year-old Tyshun Tyree Miller.
Officers responded about 6:30 p.m. Saturday to a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of Clay Street. When they arrived on the scene, they found Miller wounded. He was taken to UAB Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The shooting happened while Miller was sitting on a bench... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...