Capitals slip past Ducks 3-2
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Alex Ovechkin scored the tiebreaking goal early in the third period, and the Washington Capitals kept up their playoff push with a 3-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday night.
Jaroslav Halak made 43 saves in his sixth consecutive start for the Capitals, who have won their past four games at Honda Center.
Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer also scored for the Capitals, who have won three straight to pull into an eighth-place tie with Columbus for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Ben Lovejoy and Mathieu Perreault scored for the Ducks, who have lost four... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike