Capitals slip past Ducks 3-2
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Alex Ovechkin scored the tiebreaking goal early in the third period, and the Washington Capitals kept up their playoff push with a 3-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday night.
Jaroslav Halak made 43 saves in his sixth consecutive start for the Capitals, who have won their past four games at Honda Center.
Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer also scored for the Capitals, who have won three straight to pull into an eighth-place tie with Columbus for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Ben Lovejoy and Mathieu Perreault scored for the Ducks, who have lost four... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia