Car theft rate starts to rise
Despite declines for property crime overall, car theft was on the rise early last year, according to new national crime figures from the FBI.
The number of stolen car cases rose 1% in the first half of 2015, compared to the same period the year before, the latest FBI Uniform Crime Report says.
That's despite an overall drop in property crimes in all other categories of the database, as calculated from local and regional crime stats submitted to the FBI by thousands of law-enforcement agencies across the nation. Burglary was down nearly 10% and larceny theft by more than 3% versus the same... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it