Car theft rate starts to rise
Despite declines for property crime overall, car theft was on the rise early last year, according to new national crime figures from the FBI.
The number of stolen car cases rose 1% in the first half of 2015, compared to the same period the year before, the latest FBI Uniform Crime Report says.
That's despite an overall drop in property crimes in all other categories of the database, as calculated from local and regional crime stats submitted to the FBI by thousands of law-enforcement agencies across the nation. Burglary was down nearly 10% and larceny theft by more than 3% versus the same... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance