Cardinals release running back Adrian Peterson, extend offer to tackle Xavier Williams
For two weeks last season, running back Adrian Peterson looked like the Cardinals savior.
On Tuesday, he became unemployed.
The Cardinals released Peterson on Tuesday, freeing about $2.9 million of cap space. It's possible Peterson could eventually re-sign for considerably less money, but he would also have to be content as the backup to David Johnson.
The team also announced it had extended a qualifying offer to defensive tackle Xavier Williams, a restricted free agent.
Terms were not announced but it's likely the lowest tender, $1.9 million.
The Cardinals traded a sixth-round pick to the... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...