Cardinals shouldn't have sticker shock in light of 49ers' new contact with Jimmy Garoppolo
Jimmy Garoppolo's monstrous new contract with the 49ers is a reminder there is rarely, if ever, a good time for an NFL team to be in need of a starting quarterback.
Garoppolo's five-year deal, reportedly worth an average of $27.5 million a year, makes him the highest-paid player in the NFL.
He's started seven games in his career.
This is the market the Cardinals will be plunging into if they decide to make a run at Kirk Cousins when he becomes a free agent in March.
Cousins, a three-year starter, is expected to command a bigger deal than Garoppolo. Yes, Garoppolo is 7-0 as a starter and... read more
- 01:02 Blue Ridge boys earn victory over Chandler Valley Christian in 3A...
- 00:39 Ex-Trump aide pleads guilty, will cooperate in Russia probe
- 00:39 How the AP-NORC poll on America's mood was conducted
- 23:56 No. 12 Monument Valley girls basketball upsets No. 1 Ganado in 3A...
- 23:56 Shadow Mountain will face Salpointe Catholic again for 4A...
- 23:35 Seton Catholic girls basketball to meet Pueblo after blowout win...
- 22:54 Cancer: Asheville firefighters face job danger even deadlier than fire
- 22:50 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...
- 22:48 Report: Arizona coach Sean Miller discussed making payment for...
- 22:24 Arizona State freshman basketball player Kimani Lawrence continues...