Carolyn Hax: Plan trip to see mother-in-law alone and don't make excuses for husband
Hello, Carolyn: I love my mother-in-law dearly. She's in her mid-90s and has congestive heart failure, is blind and has fallen and broken bones several times in recent years. She's now on oxygen and gets sick way too often. She lives 1,200 miles from us and we haven't seen her in two years.
I really want to go visit, but my husband keeps saying he can't get off work and the trip is too expensive. Well, he gets off work for four or five days to do other things with no problem, and we have plenty of air miles and money. He has been putting me off: Maybe I can get off in October ...... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco