Carolyn Hax: Plan trip to see mother-in-law alone and don't make excuses for husband
Hello, Carolyn: I love my mother-in-law dearly. She's in her mid-90s and has congestive heart failure, is blind and has fallen and broken bones several times in recent years. She's now on oxygen and gets sick way too often. She lives 1,200 miles from us and we haven't seen her in two years.
I really want to go visit, but my husband keeps saying he can't get off work and the trip is too expensive. Well, he gets off work for four or five days to do other things with no problem, and we have plenty of air miles and money. He has been putting me off: Maybe I can get off in October ...... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold