Carolyn Hax: Wise parents give teens one-on-one attention
While I'm away, readers give the advice.
On getting through to your teen without harping: One thing my father did all throughout my teen years was take a walk with me after dinner. He said HE needed to get some more exercise and was more likely to get it if he had company.
I enjoyed having 45 minutes of his time every night. I knew I would have a chance to talk to my dad every evening. More to the point, I knew that time was important to him. I was important to him. S.
I was very fortunate to have a mother whom I called the Kitchen Table Psychologist, because she was able to tap into our... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches