Celebrities, fans, friends react to death of Beatles producer George Martin
The world has lost the "fifth Beatle."
Acclaimed music producer George Martin, who was a instrumental in shaping the Beatles into the band they came to be, died this week at 90. Martin came by the unofficial title of the "fifth Beatle" after he was the one to sign the band to their first record contract in 1962 and worked with them closely during their rise to superstardom.
Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr expressed their grief for Martin's death on Twitter.
Many other celebrities and musicians also took to social media to remember the famed producer.
TOP VIDEOS Critic's... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions