Celebrities, fans, friends react to death of Beatles producer George Martin
The world has lost the "fifth Beatle."
Acclaimed music producer George Martin, who was a instrumental in shaping the Beatles into the band they came to be, died this week at 90. Martin came by the unofficial title of the "fifth Beatle" after he was the one to sign the band to their first record contract in 1962 and worked with them closely during their rise to superstardom.
Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr expressed their grief for Martin's death on Twitter.
Many other celebrities and musicians also took to social media to remember the famed producer.
TOP VIDEOS Critic's... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler