Celtics notebook: Time for Celts guard to Smart-en up
Marcus Smart remains unapologetically emotional in his approach to basketball, though the Celtics guard admitted yesterday he’s walking a fine line with the league.
Smart was fined $15,000 on Monday for an obscene gesture he made during last Friday’s win against the Knicks and initially balked at accepting blame. He later warmed to the idea he’s still learning to keep his temper under wraps.
“My reaction to it is it’s in the past. It’s something I can’t control,” he began. “The NBA felt that it was needed, so I deal with the consequences and it’s onto the next game. This team is doing very... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...