Central Florida lawmaker to play key role in fight for Hispanic votes
TALLAHASSEE - Central Florida voters should get used to hearing the name Bob Cortes as the 2016 election season heats up.
Cortes, 52, likely will face a fierce challenge and plenty of attack ads from Democrats looking to take back his state House seat. Cortes, R-Altamonte Springs, also occupies a strategic position in a crucial battleground for Republican 2016 presidential hopes because of his Hispanic background.
But Cortes said he isn't getting caught up in the attention he's getting from national Republican groups or pressure from Democrats.
As a Hispanic Republican, Cortes knows he'll... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it