Central Ky. teen injured on spring break trip
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- A baseball player from Paul Lawrence Dunbar High School in Lexington remains in serious condition in a Florida hospital after sustaining a serious neck injury while swimming.
WKYT-TV in Lexington reported ( http://bit.ly/10qcxMS) that 18-year-old Travis Gaines of Lexington remained at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, Fla., on Thursday. Hospital spokesman Mike Burke says Gaines underwent emergency surgery Tuesday night.
Okaloosa Island Fire Department Capt. John Brinkerhoff says the teen dove into the water around 1:15 p.m. Tuesday and misjudged the depth. Brinkerhoff... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'