Challenge to APS rate hike to go before judge Thursday
CLOSE Customers are surprised to see that the rate hike APS advertised as averaging $6 a month is significantly higher for some people.
Thousands of Arizona Public Service Co. customers who want a redo in the electric company's recent rate hike will get their first hearing before a judge Thursday afternoon.
Arizona Corporation Commissioners voted 4-1 in August to allow APS to raise rates on more than 1 million customers. APS said the increase would average 4.5 percent on residential customers, but many said the increase on their bills has been more than that.
Led by community activist... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez