Challenge to APS rate hike to go before judge Thursday
CLOSE Customers are surprised to see that the rate hike APS advertised as averaging $6 a month is significantly higher for some people.
Thousands of Arizona Public Service Co. customers who want a redo in the electric company's recent rate hike will get their first hearing before a judge Thursday afternoon.
Arizona Corporation Commissioners voted 4-1 in August to allow APS to raise rates on more than 1 million customers. APS said the increase would average 4.5 percent on residential customers, but many said the increase on their bills has been more than that.
Led by community activist... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House