Challenger Space Center's building in Peoria has new owner
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE The Arizona Challenger Space Center is moving. But its 360-degree mural by the late Robert McCall, who did work for NASA, among others, will not be making the trip.
The Peoria Unified School District will take over the building adjacent to one of its high schools that for 17 years housed the Arizona Challenger Space Center.
The district’s governing board approved a land swap with Kevin Knight of the Knight Transportation Group on Thursday.
Knight has been a benefactor for Challenger since it opened in 2000, but the non-profit has been unable to repay him a... read more
- 19:03 Red Wings trade Riley Sheahan to make cap space for Andreas Athanasiou
- 18:44 LIVE: Watch the Phoenix Rising FC playoff game
- 18:44 Moon Valley football player in critical condition after collapsing...
- 18:19 Trump plans to help with Russia legal bills
- 18:19 Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump fight
- 17:49 Game Day: Goalie Louis Domingue returns to Coyotes' crease vs....
- 17:07 Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- 17:07 Mayor Garcetti taking his Los Angeles gig national
- 15:53 Gilbert Highland overcomes Jack Plummer, Gilbert 41-34
- 14:06 Trump celebrates IS defeat in Raqqa