Challenger Space Center's building in Peoria has new owner
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE The Arizona Challenger Space Center is moving. But its 360-degree mural by the late Robert McCall, who did work for NASA, among others, will not be making the trip.
The Peoria Unified School District will take over the building adjacent to one of its high schools that for 17 years housed the Arizona Challenger Space Center.
The district’s governing board approved a land swap with Kevin Knight of the Knight Transportation Group on Thursday.
Knight has been a benefactor for Challenger since it opened in 2000, but the non-profit has been unable to repay him a... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator