Challenger Space Center's building in Peoria has new owner
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE The Arizona Challenger Space Center is moving. But its 360-degree mural by the late Robert McCall, who did work for NASA, among others, will not be making the trip.
The Peoria Unified School District will take over the building adjacent to one of its high schools that for 17 years housed the Arizona Challenger Space Center.
The district’s governing board approved a land swap with Kevin Knight of the Knight Transportation Group on Thursday.
Knight has been a benefactor for Challenger since it opened in 2000, but the non-profit has been unable to repay him a... read more
- 08:23 Don't miss the best meteor shower of 2017, happening Thursday morning
- 08:23 Mesa officials hope new Pioneer Park will encourage play – for both...
- 07:22 Former state special education director says TEA knew about...
- 07:14 'The Usual Santas,' crime fiction that's both naughty and nice
- 06:41 India says Chinese construction on river dirtying water
- 06:09 Russia says it supports its athletes competing in the Olympics...
- 01:29 Late-night host Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care
- 23:58 Police: Tucson man dies in motorcycle crash in New Mexico
- 23:58 'Conditions have not changed': Activists call for policy reforms in...
- 21:12 Filing is over -- now the hard part begins for Texas political...