Chandler businessman spent $7.3M in employees' tax withholdings on cars, homes and travel
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
A Chandler businessman who handled payroll for small companies has pleaded guilty to taking $7.3 million that was supposed to go to his clients' Social Security, Medicare and federal income-tax payments, according to a plea agreement reached with the U.S. Attorney's Office.
William Dorsey, 55, began taking the money in 2011 while at the head of Pinnacle Employee Group, a human-resources outsourcing firm, the agreement stated. He also ran the scheme through Pinnacle... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border