Chandler parents rally community to press for school district action after racist video
A group of Chandler parents is rallying the community to attend a school board meeting Wednesday to send a clear message: The Chandler Unified School District must do more to address what they say is a pattern of racist incidents.
Their concerns reached a boiling point on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, when a Snapchat video surfaced on social media showing several Santan Junior High School students at a gathering off school grounds chanting racist lyrics to an anti-black song.
In preparation for the school board meeting, the First Congregational United Church of Christ in Phoenix opened its... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez