Chaparral girls soccer captures second consecutive 5A state title with win over Notre Dame Prep
Scottsdale Chaparral girls' soccer needed the final seconds of overtime to complete a 3-2 comeback victory over Scottsdale Notre Dame to win the 5A state final Saturday, its second consecutive title.
Chaparral junior midfielder McKenzie Davis won it with a goal in the final minute of overtime.
From kickoff, the 5A final was an even, physical match, as a combined total of 20 fouls were committed. Notre Dame outshot Chaparral by the slim margin of 18 to 17, and both keepers were active. Notre Dame senior goalkeeper Brooke Taffuri made seven saves, while Chaparral junior keeper Taylor Rowe... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 21:11 Diamondbacks react to pace of play rule changes
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson